Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hello, My Name Is...

What’s more awkward than the walk off balk?  Some might say I am…but I’ll try to make sense here.

Yeah, that's my
ugly mug
A little about myself.  In my 24 years of life, major Chicago sports teams have won eight championships.  The Bulls have their six, the White Sox have a World Series (say anything about the Cubs to a White Sox fan, and their response will simply be “2005”), and the Blackhawks ended their Stanley Cup drought in 2010.  My beloved Cubs haven’t won since 1908…which was eight gajillion years ago, but for some reason I go into every April theorizing exactly how they’ll win it all this year.

I’m an Indiana University alum, which means I have an intense dislike for Purdue and the University of Kentucky.  The Hoosiers’ return to basketball greatness has been one of the greatest rides of my life, no matter what happens this Friday against Kentucky. 

I graduated from IU with a degree in sport communication, broadcasting.  I’m currently a sports producer for WGN Radio, and I host a sports talk show on Chicagolandsportsradio.com.  I also officiate high school basketball in the suburbs of Chicago.

This will be about anything and everything happening in Chicago sports and across the country…maybe even the world.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment